November 17, 2006

The rugby player as an oil painting

All Black rugby player Anton Oliver (with a BMI of over 30) got his gear off to have his features immortalised in oils. It's a full back view rather than a full frontal, and if they hadn't said you'd be hard pressed to figure out who was the subject of the painting. His words on why he did it:
"I get naked around 30 guys every day, but getting a chap to paint me was making me squeamish'," he said."So, I thought I'd get out of my comfort zone and give it a go. No doubt I'll be the butt of a few caricatures and jokes, but I'm not too concerned about that."
It's a bit of a cop-out I think. I mean, mooning or showing arse has a long tradition among the sporting fraternity, and if he really wanted to get out of his "comfort zone" I would have recommended going frontal instead.

No comments: