July 16, 2005

What I probably won't be wearing this summer

From the promotional blurb:
"With black Cotton Lycra, The Micro Sport Pouch was designed for me! The Micro SP is designed for heavy duty action. I tried many styles of underwear and jockstraps looking for something to wear that would keep me from chafing when I bike and run. I could not find anything that worked well so I decided to create my own. The Micro SP stays in place with the use of two internal Lycra straps that are pulled tight then pulled out the metal hole on the top of the pouch. The straps then wrap around the outside base of the pouch and tie on top. The Micro SP is a second skin that prevents chafing during sport activities. I take long bike rides at the beach and use the Micro SP under my cycling shorts. After a long ride it’s great to slip off my shorts and tan in the world’s smallest suit."
A snip for US$21 at KoalaSwim. If only Tom had worn it before he fell off his bike!
It does look good for use under rugby shorts and it would definitely make an improvement on those ugly cycle-short type undergarments rugby players wear under their shorts (and unsightly stick out from under them) lest their thighs chafe. Daniel Carter said he goes commando on the field, apart from said shorts, but I think it would increase his appeal if he wore the Micro Sport Pouch instead. There was a nice pic in the local paper on the weekend with him showing off his undies (though the other boys looked a tad sheepish):

No comments: