February 26, 2008

I trust the films were as beautiful

Was it just me and my temporary(!) lapse into shallowness that pondered the Oscar winners this year as rather a handsome bunch? I mean, Daniel Day-Lewis, Tilda Swinton and Marion Cotillard, all people I wouldn't mind being seen with or talk to at dinner.
I must admit I haven't seen any movie Mr Day-Lewis was in after My Beautiful Laundrette, disproving a widely held myth you can't make it in Hollywood if you have played a faggot on screen.
I'd gladly sing Piaf song duets with Ms Cotillard drunk in the middle of the King's Cross Road (I have done this solo a couple of decades ago, I am never allowed to forget).
As for Tilda Swinton, her acting career, from Derek Jarman muse in some of the best films ever made in England (Caravaggio, The Last of England, War Requiem, Edward II, Orlando) to squeezing everything from Ewan McGregor, and then some, in Young Adam - NSFW still here - (if I was ever to do a MMF threesome, I'd choose Ewan and Tilda) to teasing George Clooney's Batman rubber nipples at the Oscars - you just know she would lick, suck, bite and scratch them to within an inch of his life - she just rocks. My kinda woman.

No comments: