April 23, 2008
There must be better ways
50 ways to help the planet survive suggested on one handy website but there are plenty of false economic choices there:
6. Diaper with a conscience. Better: have no kids, far more environmentally friendly.
8. Go vegetarian once a week. Better: Why not every day? It makes your larder go further. And I bet you'll just eat 7 days' worth of meat in 6 days anyway.
17. Shower with a friend. Obviously dreamed up by someone who has never done this. Showering with a friend, in my experience, takes far, far longer than showering solo. Unless you're an adolescent insisting on long meditations about various body parts when in the shower.
20. Use your cruise control. Better: use public transport.
27. Greener lawn care. Better: don't have a lawn.
36. Choose matches over lighters. Better: don't smoke.
41. Fly with an E ticket. Better: don't fly.