September 16, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11

I know, I know, it's a little late in the day and the thing has been analysed to death, but last night I went to see Fahrenheit 9/11.
It played at our most wonderful local cinema on Waiheke Island, and it only cost $9 to get in. The cinema must be one of the coolest places on earth to watch movies. You can sit in spacious second hand sofas, just like at home, and bring in your drinks, evening dinner, or whatever, and you don't disturb your neighbours at all. A treasure!
I thought the documentary well put together, quite sober in tone and very much in the vein of what the BBC does in its flagship current affairs documentary series Panorama. I thought it a good summary of Bush's presidency, perhaps a little light on analysis of the Princes of Neo-Con Darkness behind the throne, but certainly not a lot of cheap laughs.
Not something you'd soon see on The History Channel, I suspect, but rather on any public television station worth its charter.

No comments: